Tuesday 17 April 2012

Meaty lunch in Salzburg


Today, after my "Apfelstrudel-Breakfast" I decided to go visit the Festung Hohensalzburg. This is a fortress that has been built in the 11th century and it has saved as a fortification and temporary residence of the prince archbishops for many years. It has also served as military barracks and a prison. Sinc exit's situated on a hill you can get there by funicular. I went up with the funicular but descended by foot: it's a very nice walk and since it's downhill it's not heavy at all!

Once back to the city center it was around 1pm so my boyfriend and me, we decided to look for something to eat... and near our hotel we found the MUNDENHAMER RESTAURANT


Serving typical Austrian food, this nice place made the happiness of two starved tourists: GOOD FOOD,  FRIENDLY SERVICE and HONEST PRICES!

My boyfriend took the Grilled Duck Breast with Creamy Red Cabbage and Bread Dumplings. The duck was a bit overcooked but it was still very tender and juicy. The dumplings were just delicious, slightly buttered and roasted, they were perfect to dip into the creamy sauce of the cabbage.

Grilled Duck Breast with Creamy Red cabbage and Bread Dumplings

I had the Three Grilled Steaks with Fresh Vegetables. One of the steaks was a piece of grilled chicken breast, very tasty and juicy; then there was a piece of pork cutlet that was very good too (really tender!). And in the end a piece of beef steak, which was a bit overcooked but still very tasty (they must have let it marinate to make it so tasty, but I'm not sure...) 

Three Grilled Steaks with Fresh Vegetables

I really enjoyed this lunch, I wish I could take also a dessert but I was so stuffed after the big main course that even a mint would have made me explode! This just to tell you that you won't leave the restaurant hungry, believe me! even Shrek could find his joy and satisfaction at Mundenhamer's!

Just one last thing: remember that in Austria the service is not included! The tip is not obligatory but... it's always very welcome!



Restaurant Mundenhamer
Rainerstraße 2 
5020 Salzburg
Tel.: +43(0)662/ 87 56 93





No comments:

Post a Comment