Tuesday 17 April 2012

Trip to Salzburg: Day 1

Good morning everyone!

I've left my Mom's house to spend a couple of days in Austria.
My home town, Udine, is only 1h away from Austria so when I lived here I used to spend there at least a day every week. I like a lot the Austrian lifestyle: they are more polite than Italians and Parisians, they are also less stressed (and stressful!) too! More, the gorgeous mountains, trees and valleys that they have here make this country really special to me.



Since I grew up eating Austrian food I find it delicious! Not only the pastries and the Mozart Chocolates, I like EVERYTHING! I can't understand those who tell me that Austrian food is just potatoes and sausages: it's not! There are soups and grilled meats, roasts and vegetables, gratins and much, much more!

I got in Salzburg yesterday night and today I got up very early,  CRAVING OF AN APFELSTRUDEL SO BAD!!!!!! 
I didn't have to walk to much to find a very good one: just around the corner of my hotel there is a nice  Konditorei (=bakery) that makes a DELICIOUS APFELSTRUDEL and also a VERY GOOD COFFEE (a large black coffee here is called Grosser Schwarzer).

Apfelstrudel

Black Coffee&Newspaper






1 comment:

  1. I tried 3 Apfelstrudel, all of them so crap!!!
    Completely disappointed !!

    ReplyDelete