Saturday 24 March 2012

Blueberries Pancakes: a week-end treat!

Good morning everyone!
I had to get up pretty early today even if it's Saturday, unfortunately I got some work to finish and I'd rather do it today that's the library is open rather than on Sunday, at home, looking sadly out of the window of my studio...
But hey, even if I have to work it doesn't mean that I won't allow me one of my favorites week-end special treats: BLUEBERRIES PANCAKES!
I'm Italian and it's thanks to a trip to Canada that I discovered how delightful these "spongy crêpes" are. After years of failing attempts to make them I gave up and used to go out to have them. Then I met my boyfriend who is Canadian! I think that there is no Canadian who doesn't know how to make great blueberries (or bleuets, as he says) pancakes... and since he's patient he taught me how to make them myself. And I have to admit that sometimes my pancakes come out even better than the ones I used to eat in some cafés or diners.

Here U can see the one I just finished eating :)


If U want the recipe, I can give you mine which is very... euh... approximate:
I put some Aunt Jemima Complete Pancake Mix in a bowl (more or less 50grams, I make smalls pancakes, I'm not a bottomless pit like my boyfriend!) and I still. Then I put 5g (or even less) of butter in a non-stick pan and let it melt. Once it starts "frying" I put the mixture and add plenty of blueberries and let it cook. Once the lower part of the pancake is "golden" I flip it. 
I don't add the blueberries at the mixture when I stir it because I don't like them "crushed" and also because it seems to me that this way the pancake cooks and "rises" better.
Once ready I put one spoonful of pure maple syrup (no "fake" syrups please! They are the devil!) and eat it! I put very little syrup because I load my pancake with blueberries so it's already moist and rich, if U don't put as much blueberries or if U have a sweet tooth you'll probably need way more male syrup.

Voilà another picture, this time using Istagram (I have to say that it looks kind of ...creepy):





No comments:

Post a Comment